The purpose of this agreement is to define the use of online service sites ("Hand Phonics") operated by ChungChyDotCom ("company") and the rights and obligations of users and companies.
Article 2 (Definition)
1. Hand Phonics: It means all Internet services operated by ChungChyDotCOm, and includes the Internet services listed below. ① Hand Phonics (https://www.handphonics.com) ② Hand Phonics App (Android & iOS) 2.
User: Members and non-members who access the company-run Hand Phonics site and receive services under these terms and conditions. 3. Member: This refers to a person who provides personal information through the Hand Phonics
site operated by the company and subscribes to the member by agreeing to terms and conditions. The company integrates and manages the personal information of the members subscribed through the Hand Phonics site. 4. Service:
This refers to both electronic information service and tangible and intangible services that users receive through the Internet service defined in Clause 1 of Article 2. 5. Non-members: A person who does not subscribe to
a family site and uses the services provided by the company on the Hand Phonics site.
Article 3 (Starting and changing terms and conditions)
1. The company can revise these terms and conditions to the extent that it does not violate laws related to Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, regulations on terms and conditions, basic laws on electronic transactions,
electronic signature, promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, Visiting Sales, consumer protection laws. 2. These terms and conditions are valid by posting them on the Hand
Phonics site. The revised terms and conditions shall be announced on the Hand Phonics website no later than 5 days after revision. 3. Accepting this agreement means that you agree to visit the Hand Phonics site on a regular
basis to check for any changes to the terms and conditions. The company shall not be responsible for damages caused by users not knowing the information of the changed terms and conditions. 4. If a member does not agree
to the changed terms and conditions, he or she may be forced to withdraw the members who do not agree to the revised terms at the company's discretion. If you use the service without expressing your objection seven days after
the date of effectuation of the revised agreement, you are deemed to have agreed to the revised agreement. 5. If the company revises terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall apply only to contracts entered
into after the date of application, and terms and conditions of the previous agreement shall remain in effect.
Article 4 (According to Terms and Conditions and jurisdiction)
1. The matters and interpretations not specified in this Agreement shall be subject to the Consumer Protection Guidelines and related statutes or business practices in e-commerce, such as the Consumer Protection Act, the Regulation
of Terms and Conditions, and the Electronic Commerce Commission. 2. In the event of a dispute between the company and users of the Hand Phonics site, the local court of the company's location shall be the jurisdiction.
Article 5 (Changes and suspensions of services)
The company may change or discontinue the contents of the services provided in the following cases: 1. The period stipulated in the Telecommunications Business Act in the inevitable case of repair, replacement, and failure
of the service facilities, or communication failure. 2. In case a telecommunication business stops telecommunication service. 3. In case of disruption to normal service use due to a national emergency, power outage,
failure of service facilities, or explosion of service use. 4. In case the company notifies the members of the company about their needs.
Chapter 2 Membership
Article 1 (Enrollment and qualification of members)
1. Members are registered as members by registering member information according to the form designated by the company and applying for membership by indicating their intention to agree with the terms. The following information
is essential and the other information is optional. ① ID ② Name ③ Password ④ E-mail address ⑤ Country
2. In the following cases, the company may deny membership or forfeit membership. ① If a person who is not 14 years old has subscribed without the consent of the guardian ② In case of application using another
③ In case of duplicate application by the same user ④ In case the required information is falsely entered when applying for use ⑤ In case of an application for the purpose of hindering the well-being and order
or the good manners of the society, or if it is deemed to have been impeded.
3. Member withdrawal Membership can be withdrawn at the request of the member. All qualifications as members will be suspended at this time. In addition, the company shall not discard and store the members' personal
Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of personal information).
1. The company can receive personal information from the users, and the information it receives can be used to make efficient use of the services provided by the company. 2. The company cannot provide the personal information
acquired from the user to a third party without prior consent of the user. However, the following cases are made an exception. ① In case of a request by a state agency according to the relevant statutes, such as the
Framework Act on Telecommunications ② In case of investigative purposes for crimes or requests from the Information and Communication Ethics Committee ③ In case the shipping company informs the customer's information
due to the nature of the delivery service ④ In case some information is shared in relation to banking business only
⑤ In case a particular customer is provided in an indistinguishable form as required for statistical preparation, promotional materials, academic research or market research 3. Personal information acquired is protected
on the publication and sale of the company's books and videos, service changes, delivery, events and other news that it considers necessary. 5. The company may request an address from the family site if other mailings,
such as events or events, are required.
Chapter 3 Services
Article 1 (Service Content Copyright)
1. The Company shall have copyright and other intellectual property rights for all content created and provided by the Company. 2. Users cannot arbitrarily control, replicate, modify, or distribute the content provided
by the company without authorization. Exceptions are made to content that the company has permitted in accordance with the need to activate the service.
Article 2 (A member's posts, etc.)
1.Published articles refer to the links of articles, photos, and various files posted by the members while using the service. 2. In the event that a member or another person suffers damages or other problems due to postings
registered by the member in the service, the member shall be held responsible for them, and the company shall not be held liable for them unless there are special circumstances. 3. The company may suspend, modify, delete,
move or reject the publication without the member's prior consent, including any of the following postings: ① In case of serious insult or libel to another member or third party; ② Dissemination or linkage of information
in violation of public order and customs; ③ In case the content promotes illegal copying or hacking ④ In case of an advertisement for profit ⑤ In case the content is objectively acknowledged in connection with a
⑥ In case of infringement of copyright of another user or third party ⑦ In case a company determines that it does not conform to the nature of its service through personal political judgment or religious opinion; ⑧ Failure to comply with the company's regulations on posting or to comply with the nature of the bulletin board; ⑨ In case it is deemed to be in violation of other relevant laws
Chapter 4 Duty
Article 1 (A company's obligation)
1. The company shall do its best to provide continuous and stable service as provided under these terms and conditions.
2. The company shall always do its best to protect the users' information by taking administrative and technical safety measures against personal information, including the users' credit information.
3. The company contributes to the development of Internet business by maximizing customer satisfaction by doing its best to maintain order of e-commerce through fair and sound operation and providing quality services through
continuous research and development.
4. The company shall deal with any inconvenience or problem raised by the customer in the first place if it is deemed justified.
However, if it is difficult to expedite the process, the customer should be notified of the reason and schedule of the processing immediately.
5. The company actively cooperates with consumer protection organizations and public organizations in their requests for materials necessary for the promotion of consumer protection activities.
① An act of selling goods using false IDs or violating public order and customs.
② An act that is objectively judged to be related to a crime
③ Other acts that violate related statutes
Article 2 (User's Duty)
1.User shall not commit any of the following acts:
① An act to register false information when applying or changing a membership registration
② The wrongful use of the service by stealing the ID and password of another member;
③ An act to use the company's paid service using other people's payment information, such as account number and credit card number, without the other person's permission
④ The act of posting or mailing an article by impersonating, impersonating, or using another person's name as an administrator of a Hand Phonics site or service;
⑤ An act to change the information posted by the Hand Phonics site or to use the information obtained using the service for profit or non-profit purposes or to provide it to third parties without the consent of the Hand
⑥ Use of services for profit without the consent of the Hand Phonics site
⑦ An act that violates the right to publish false information or infringe intellectual property rights to the Hand Phonics site and other third parties, or that damages the reputation or interferes with business.
⑧ An act to disclose or post obscene or violent messages, video, voice or other information that is contrary to the public and the public in "service"
⑨ Software viruses, other computer codes, files and programs designed to disrupt or disrupt the normal operation of computer software, hardware, and telecommunications equipment other than information set by the Hand Phonics
site are posted or e-mailed;
2. The user shall comply with the relevant laws, the provisions of these terms and conditions, the cautions given in relation to the "service" and the notices given by the "Hand Phonics Site" and other "do not interfere
with the company's operations."
3. The Hand Phonics site allows users to delete or temporarily delete postings and restrict the use of the service or cancel this contract unilaterally if they act as provided under paragraph 1.
Chapter 5 Reimbursement and Disclaimer
Article 1 (damage compensation)
1. The company shall not be responsible for any damages caused to the users in connection with the use of the free service.
2. The company shall handle full refund of euro services in case of problems. However, the member shall be responsible for the part of the refund process caused by the member's carelessness.
Article 2 (Exemption clause)
1. The company shall not be held liable for any damages incurred by the users in connection with the service use while service charges are free.
2. In the event that the company cannot provide the service due to natural disasters or force majeure, the company shall be exempted from the responsibility for providing the service.
3. The company shall not be held responsible for any obstacles to service use caused by the reasons attributable to the users.
4. The company shall not be held liable for damages caused by profit or loss expected by the users or data obtained through the use of the service
5. The company shall not be responsible for the information, data, reliability of facts, accuracy, etc. posted by the users in the service.
The online service site operated by chungchy (hereinafter referred to as "Hand Phonics") considers the personal information of users very important, and we do our best to protect the personal information provided to Hand Phonics online while using Hand
Phonics. Hand Phones comply with the 'Telecommunications Secrets Protection Act', 'Telecommunications Business Act', 'Act on Promotion of Information Network Utilization and Information Protection'. Hand Phones informs users
of their personal information through the 'Personal Information Processing Policy' what is being done to protect their personal information and what are being taken to protect their personal information.
This 'Personal Information Processing Policy' may vary depending on changes in laws or guidelines regarding personal information protection, or changes in company policy, so please check it frequently when visiting Hand Phonics.
1. consent on personal information collection
2. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
3. Personal information items collected and collection methods of collection
4. Hold and use of personal information collected
5. Sharing and providing collected personal information
6. Items related to user's personal information management (view, correction, deletion, withdrawal of consent, etc.)
7. Operations of Cookie
8. Personal information management of non-members
9. Handing over personal information
10. Technical/administrative measures for the protection of personal information
11. About information protection for children
12. Items on collecting opinions and handling complaints regarding personal information
13. Member of the personal information management manager and the person in charge--Name and contact number
14.Transfer advertising information
15.A duty of high altitude
1.consent on personal information collection
2. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
The purpose of the company's personal information collection is to identify users, confirm their intention to use the Hand Phonics service, and provide optimal service to users. Hand Phones collects personal information within
a limited scope to provide e-commerce and various other services according to the characteristics and preferences of the users and to solve problems caused by using Hand Phonics' services.
The purpose of collecting
and using personal information is as follows.
(1) Name: Collect for user identification.
(2) Member ID and password: Collect them to check the membership status.
(3) E-mail address, phone number, or mobile phone number: Collects for providing details of contract performance after using the service, notifying progress of delivery/payment, event information, receipt of product information,
(4) Address: Collect the product for delivery according to service use and for sending prizes when winning an event.
(5) Card name, bank account number, and depositor: Collect for refund according to purchase of goods.
(6) Other selections: Collect data to provide personal service.
(7) IPAddress: Collect it to prevent fraudulent and unauthorized use of members.
3. Items of personal information collected and methods of collection
Hand Phonics receives online essential information for providing services when users sign up or order items. The required information that you receive when you sign up as a member is your name, ID, password, email, phone number
or mobile phone number. Additional information such as phone number or mobile phone number, address, credit card company name, bank account number, and depositor shall be collected by requesting additional information from
users to provide payment, delivery, and refund services when purchasing items.
In addition, you can selectively request personal information input for statistical analysis or prize offering during surveys or event events within Hand Phones, and discard them immediately after the purpose has been achieved.
Sensitive personal information that may cause fundamental human rights violations by users is not collected.
In any case, the information you enter is not used for any other purpose other than the purpose of informing the users beforehand, and the information is not leaked outside
4. Hold and use of personal information collected
(1) Personal information collected shall be destroyed immediately upon cancellation of membership registration. However, the member ID, name, and e-mail address can be held for one year from the date of cancellation of the
service contract in order to prevent the recurrence of fraudulent use by the defective member.
(2) In the event that an agreement concerning the use of a service is withdrawn under Article 6 of the Consumer Protection Act, such as the ID, name, and e-mail, in accordance with Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree of
the same Act, the agreement on the use of the service can be preserved as follows:
1 Marking, Records of Advertising: 6 months
2 Records of contract or withdrawal of subscription, etc. : 5 years
3 Records on Payment and Supply of Goods: 5 years
4 Records on consumer complaint or dispute handling: 3 years
(3) Hand Phonics handles the personal information of users safely and destroys personal information in the following ways to prevent leakage:
1 The personal information printed on a sheet of paper shall be shredded with a shredder or destroyed through incineration.
2 Personal information stored in electronic file form is deleted using a technical method that cannot play the recording.
5. Sharing and providing personal information collected
(1) Hand Phones shall not use the user's personal information for anything other than the Internet service provided by Hand Phones or provide the information to third parties without the user's consent, except the information
disclosed through the Internet Service Screen.
Exceptions shall be made in each of the following cases:
① In case there are special provisions in the Act on Real Name Financial Transactions and Confidentiality, the Act on the Utilization and Protection of Credit Information, the Framework Act on Telecommunications, the Telecommunications
Business Act, the Local Tax Act, the Consumer Protection Act, the Bank of Korea Act, and the Criminal Procedure Act.
② If necessary for the settlement of charges by service provision
③ In case a particular person is provided in an indistinguishable form as necessary for statistical preparation, academic research, or market research
④ In case the users agree to the disclosure in advance
⑤ In case of violation of the service terms and conditions or operating principles, such as service terms and conditions and other member services posted to Hand Phonics;
⑥ In case there is a request from the investigative agency according to the procedures and methods prescribed in the Act for investigation purposes;
⑦ In case legal action is taken against a person by inflicting mental and material damage on him or her using the services of Hand Phonics.
⑧ If you provide the minimum user information (name, address, phone number or mobile phone number) required for business delivery to the carrier.
(2) Hand Phonics may provide personal information to its affiliates or share it with their affiliates in order to provide better service to users. If personal information is provided or shared, the users will be notified
individually about who the affiliates are, why such personal information should be provided or shared, and how to protect or manage it. If the users do not agree, they will not provide or share it with the affiliates or other
affiliates. You can also withdraw your consent at any time, even if the user agrees to provide personal information.
(3) If you do not sign up for Hand Phonics and use Hand Phonics' service, the information of the payer and recipient that you entered will not be used for any other purpose other than payment and delivery of goods.
6. Items related to the user's personal information management (view, correction, deletion, withdrawal of consent, etc.)
Hand Phonics can log in to Hand Phones at any time when the users sign up for membership to view, correct or delete the user's personal information in 'My Books' and, if requested by Hand Phonics' personal information management
manager, correct or delete it. The member ID, name cannot be corrected or deleted. Other required information, e-mail address, phone number or mobile phone number, can be corrected but cannot be deleted. The users may withdraw
their consent to the collection and utilization of personal information through e-mail, telephone, fax or other means, in which case the users must reveal their member ID, name and email address in order to verify the identity.
7. Items on the operation of cookies
browser. Cookies identify your computer, but not you personally.
Purpose of use, such as cookies
Analyze the frequency of access and visit times of members and non-members, identify the users' tastes and interests, track their tracks, and provide target marketing and personal service by identifying the degree of participation
in various events and visits.
The user has the option of installing cookies. Therefore, you may allow all cookies by setting options in your web browser, check them whenever they are stored, or refuse to save all cookies.
How to reject cookie
To deny cookies settings, you can allow all cookies, check each time you save them, or deny all cookies by selecting the options in your web browser.
Example of setup method (for Internet Explorer): Tools at the top of a web browser > Internet Options > Personal information
However, if you refuse to install cookies, you may have difficulty providing the service.
8. Personal information management of non-members
Hand Phonics also allows non-members to purchase goods and services. Non-member users request only personal information that is essential for delivery, payment, and product delivery. If you make a purchase as a non-member
from Hand Phonics, the non-members' information and recipient's information entered by the non-members shall not be used for any other purpose other than for payment and delivery purposes.
9. Technical/Administrative Measures for Privacy
(1) Hand Phonics seeks the following technical measures to ensure safety in order to prevent personal information from being lost, stolen, leaked, tampered with or damaged in handling the user's personal information.
① User's personal information is protected by password. However, since the password of the user is likely to be known to others in many ways, such as using the Internet in public places, it is important to protect it thoroughly.
Therefore, users should not leak or provide personal information to others, and should manage their personal information responsibly. Hand Phonics is not responsible for any such password leakage.
② User personal information is protected by password by default, and important data is protected by a separate security function by encrypting files and transmission data.
③ Hand Phonics is taking protective measures with staff to prevent damage caused by computer viruses using vaccines that automatically update new information. If the virus penetrates, it automatically sends a virus-infiltration
warning to the workers and automatically treats them.
④ Hand Phonics uses 128Bit SSL encryption algorithms certified by verisign to securely transmit personal information on the network.
⑤ Hand Phones monitor and manage your personal information 24 hours a day by placing an intrusion detection and intrusion prevention system from outside to prevent leakage of your personal information by hackers and others.
In case of emergency, all intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems are fully redundant.
(2) Hand Phonics recognizes the importance of protecting users' personal information. To this end, it limits
the number of employees who are handling personal information to a minimum. The person in charge of personal information management regularly conducts training for the handling staff and does his best to protect personal information.
In addition, the Commission regularly checks the performance and compliance of the employees specified in this policy to correct or improve violations and take other necessary actions.
10. Matters concerning relevant complaints and opinions, personal information.
Hand Phonics operates a customer support office to raise opinions and complaints from users regarding personal information protection. If you give your opinion to the person in charge of personal information management in
the customer support office, we will take action as soon as possible to notify you of the processing result. In the event of a dispute between the user and Hand Phonics regarding personal information protection, you can request
the government-run Personal Information Violation Reporting Center(www.cyberprivacy.or.kr) to handle the dispute.
- Personal Information Protection Center (http://www.cyberprivacy.or.kr/)
- E-Commerce Mediation Committee (http://www.ecmc.or.kr/).
- The Korea Consumer Agency, (http://www.cpb.or.kr/)
11. Personal information management officer and person in charge-Name and contact number
Hand Phonics is responsible for handling personal information and appoints a person in charge of personal information protection as follows to deal with complaints and remedy damages by the information subjects involved in
the processing of personal information.
▶ Personal information protection officer
Name: Donghun Shin
Position: Director of Headquarters
※ Link to the department in charge of personal information protection.
▶ Department in charge of personal information protection
Department name: ChungChyDotCom international department
Name : Claire Song
Contact : email@example.com
Information subject can contact the personal information protection manager and the responsible department for all personal information protection inquiries, complaint handling, and damage relief related to the service
of Hand Phonics.
12. Transmitting advertising information
(1) Hand Phonics does not transmit for-profit advertising information using electronic transmission media against the user's express rejection.
(2) When sending advertising information to electronic transmission media for online marketing such as product information guidance, Hand Phonics shall follow the provisions of the Telecommunication Network Act.
The title and body sections of advertising information are easily recognized by the user. The following is an example of the method of e-mail.
1 The starting part, such as the title: (Advanced) is displayed.
2 Body column : This section specifies the method for users to easily express their intention to refuse reception, such as the sender's name, e-mail address, phone number, and address.
13. Commitment to the High Level
* When you join the homepage, it's necessary to have the code from Hand Phonics product.